These sectors may be open in counties that have received state approval, but are not permitted to open statewide.
- Dine-in restaurants
This guidance for Dine-in restaurants provides guidelines to create a safer environment for workers.
Review the guidance, prepare a plan, and post the checklist for dine-in restaurants in your workplace to show customers and employees that you’ve reduced the risk and are open for business.
- Hair salons and barbershops
This guidance for hair salons and barbershops provides guidelines to create a safer environment for workers.
The following sectors, businesses, establishments, or activities are not permitted to operate in the State of California at this time:
- Personal services such as nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and fitness studios
- Hospitality services, such as bars, wineries, tasting rooms and lounges
- Entertainment venues, such as movie theaters, gaming, gambling, arcade venues, pro sports, indoor museums, gallery spaces, and zoos
- Community centers, public pools, playgrounds, and picnic areas
- Cultural ceremonies
- Concert venues
- Live audience sports
- Theme parks
- Hotels/lodging for leisure and tourism